The National Veterans Network is pleased to announce that the House Speaker John Boehner, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi, Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell and members of Congress will hold a Congressional Gold Medal ceremony on Wednesday, November 2, 2011 in the Capitol to honor Japanese American soldiers of the 100th Infantry Battalion and the 442nd Regimental Combat Team, as well as veterans of the Military Intelligence Service. All three units are being recognized for their dedicated service during World War II.
The three-day itinerary includes:
Monday, October 31st
- Check-in Washington Hilton Hotel
- Hospitality Room a the Washington Hilton will be open from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Tuesday, November 1st
- A National WWII Memorial event will take place at 10am and 1,250 Honorees will be invited
- All other family members are invited to watch a live broadcast at the Washington Hilton Hotel
Wednesday, November 2nd
- The Congressional Gold Medal Ceremony will take place at 11 a.m. in the Emancipation Hall at the US Capitol Visitor Center
- The Congressional Gold Medal Gala Dinner will be held at the Washington Hilton
Thursday, November 3rd
- A private ceremony for KIA families will take place at the National Japanese American Memorial to Patriotism
- This will be an invitation-only event due to the limited capacity of 300 people
- Docents will be available from 1 to 4 p.m. on Nov. 1st and Nov. 2nd for those who would like to visit this memorial on their own
Please check the National Veterans Network Website for more detailed information.
A separate registration Website is now open to the confirmed honorees. Please go to Congressional Gold Medal Website for additional information and to register for NVN-coordinated CGM events.
If you have any questions, please contact Setsy at Larouche [ at ] msn.com or telephone (503) 698-4656