On February 20, we partnered with Vancouver NAACP to put on the virtual event Day of Remembrance 2021 “Redress and Reparations: Yesterday and Today”. If you weren’t able to attend live, you can watch the event recording.
We hope you will also join us in continuing to learn more about our histories, movements, and ways in which we can practice solidarity work together. Below are some resources to continue this journey.
- Black & Japanese American Reparations Book Club
- The Case for Reparations by Ta-Nehisi Coates
- Watch the House Judiciary Committee hearing on reparations for African Americans
- Read First Families of Vancouver’s African American Community From World War Two to the Twenty-First Century
- Washington Post article on what reparations mean to one Black-Nikkei family
- Reparations HR 40 and the Path Forward – ACLU
- Movement for Black Lives – Reparations
- Calls to End Violence Against Asian Americans Can’t Include Anti-Black Racism
- Black History Reading List for Asian Americans