Founded in 1929, the Japanese American Citizens League is the oldest and largest Asian American civil rights organization in the United States. A membership-driven national organization whose mission is to promote and uphold human and civil rights, and to promote and preserve the cultural heritage and values of Japanese Americans.
- JACL Statement on Capital InsurrectionFor Immediate Release David Inoue, Executive Director firstname.lastname@example.org and Sarah Baker, VP Public Affairs email@example.com. Today we have seen the culmination of months of seditious rhetoric from the President and […]
- December Newsletter DelayedThe December issue of the Portland JACL newsletter was mailed on December 1. Unfortunately people have just been getting the newsletter on December 28. We are still mailing paper newsletters […]
- MochitsukiEveryday for the month of January, the activity scheduled for the day will be available on the Mochitsuki website at mochipdx.org. You can access the video anytime after it is […]
- Mochitsuki HeadlinerElena Moon Park is a classical trained musician, educator, and producer. She is co-Artistic Director of the Brooklyn-based arts organization Found Sound Nation, which uses collaborative music creation to connect […]
- JACL Condemns Proposed Early End to Counting for the CensusFor Immediate Release David Inoue, Executive Director firstname.lastname@example.org, 202-607-7273 Sarah Baker, VP Public Affairs email@example.com In an announcement made on August 3, the Census Bureau discussed the remaining schedule for […]
- Voter EngagementThere are fewer than 100 days until the 2020 Presidential Election and with the mournful passing of civil rights icon Congressman John Lewis, we wanted to begin our efforts for […]
Scholarship forms now available
The local Japanese-American Community Scholarship Application and Henjyoji Shingon Buddhist Temple Art Award application forms are now available.
Black Lives Matter
And Why We Need to be Involved: A Nikkei Community Conversation
This event was recorded and is now up on our Facebook.