Founded in 1929, the Japanese American Citizens League is the oldest and largest Asian American civil rights organization in the United States. A membership-driven national organization whose mission is to promote and uphold human and civil rights, and to promote and preserve the cultural heritage and values of Japanese Americans.
- JACL Condemns Proposed Early End to Counting for the CensusFor Immediate Release David Inoue, Executive Director email@example.com, 202-607-7273 Sarah Baker, VP Public Affairs firstname.lastname@example.org In an announcement made on August 3, the Census Bureau discussed the remaining schedule for […]
- Voter EngagementThere are fewer than 100 days until the 2020 Presidential Election and with the mournful passing of civil rights icon Congressman John Lewis, we wanted to begin our efforts for […]
- Use of Federal Agents in PortlandJACL joins SEARAC, Other AAPI Orgs in Denouncing Use of Federal Agents in Portland July 28, 2020 Japanese American Citizens League Executive Director David Inoue said, “We denounce the mobilization […]
- 2020 CensusIf you haven’t already, now’s the time to fill out the 2020 census! Census takers will soon start going door-to-door across the country to interview homes that haven’t responded yet. […]
- Sato School in BethanySato Elementary School opened in September 2017. The Bethany community was asked to submit names for the new Beaverton school and the overwhelming choice was to recognize the Japanese American […]
- Black Lives MatterBoard Member Message by Sachi Kaneko “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of […]
Help Portland JACL Get Out the Vote!
Join the Portland JACL Advocacy Committee on Saturday, October 17th at 1:30 PM for a virtual “Get Out The Vote” letter writing party. Portland JACL will be joining the nationwide effort to get more underrepresented voters to cast a ballot in the upcoming election.
Would you like to have your picture in the 2021 Portland JACL annual calendar?
- In .jpeg format.
- In black and white
- In landscape format
- Dated with a short description
- Submitted as “best quality” or “highest quality”
Oregon ballot information session with League of Women Voters
This event was recorded and can be viewed on YouTube.
Black Lives Matter
And Why We Need to be Involved: A Nikkei Community Conversation
This event was recorded and is now up on our Facebook.