As a member of Portland JACL, you are also a member of the JACL’s national network that addresses policies and issues that affect you. Other benefits include:
- Portland JACL Newsletter highlighting events and people in our community
- Thousands of dollars of local scholarships for youth and post-graduate programs
- Access to Unite People, the Portland JACL youth group
The national newspaper of the JACL which provides up-to-date information on issues pertaining to the Japanese American community.
JACL Credit Union
Membership in the JACL credit union gives you eligibility to the National JACL Credit Union
College-bound high school seniors and college undergraduates and graduate students are eligible to participate in the scholarship program which distributes more than $70,000 each year.
Mike Masaoka Fellowships
Eligibility to receive a Mike Masaoka Fellowship.
Free admission to the Japanese American National Museum
Rental Car Discount:
You will receive a card entitling you to discounts on Hertz car rentals.
Your membership fuels the JACL mission:
- More members means more power to protect civil and human rights for all
- Membership dues are reinvested into our community by empowering tomorrow’s leaders and youth
- We are able to print and circulate curriculum to educate students and politicians alike about Japanese American and Asian American history
Individual – $65 per year
Regular sustained members of the organization.
Students & Youth – $30 per year
Members who are 25 years or younger or who are currently enrolled in a college, trade school, or university at either the undergraduate or graduate level.
Couple & Family – $110 per year
Spouses or partners (and children) residing in the same household.
1000 Club & Century Club – $200-$350 per year
An exclusive membership category whose members make larger annual contribution to the programs of the organization.
1000 Club Spouse – $32
Spouse of a current 1000 Club, Century Club or Life Member.
Life – $3000 or $5000
Members who pay a lump sum to establish a lifetime membership.
Portland Chapter Booster – $18 per year
These members do not receive the Pacific Citizen, but do receive the Portland Chapter newsletter. All proceeds from Booster membership directly benefit the Portland Chapter.