As a member of Portland JACL, you are also a member of the JACL—a national network that addresses policies and issues that affect you. Other benefits include:
- Portland JACL Newsletter highlighting events and people in our community
- Thousands of dollars of local scholarships for youth and post-graduate programs
- Access to Unite People, the Portland JACL youth group
The national newspaper of the JACL which provides up-to-date information on issues pertaining to the Japanese American community.
JACL Credit Union
Membership in the JACL credit union gives you eligibility to the National JACL Credit Union
College-bound high school seniors and college undergraduates and graduate students are eligible to participate in the scholarship program which distributes more than $70,000 each year.
Mike Masaoka Fellowships
Eligibility to receive a Mike Masaoka Fellowship.
Free admission to the Japanese American National Museum
Rental Car Discount:
You will receive a card entitling you to discounts on Hertz car rentals.
Your membership fuels the JACL mission:
- More members means more power to protect civil and human rights for all
- Membership dues are reinvested into our community by empowering tomorrow’s leaders and youth
- We are able to print and circulate curriculum to educate students and politicians alike about Japanese American and Asian American history